4 March 2014

February Round-Up

February has been a month mainly consisting of brilliant books! The highlight for me has to be The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom. It was an enchanting tale of 'Father Time' that had been modernised perfectly. I became very attached to the characters and it was the first book, for a rather long time, that has had me shedding tears over the ending.

Lemonade Revealed The Time Keeper The Dark Inside

My first read of the month was Lemonade Revealed by Will Chluho. There was an interesting tale and some very wise words that came across from the novel but I just could not get into the story and found there was too much skiting between characters and time frames for me to really relate to anybody and immerse myself in what was happening, which was a shame.

The Dark Inside by Rupert Wallis was also a very interesting read. I found the whole novel fascinating as it slipped in and out of the fantasy world quite credibly and loved the questions and uncertainty that it raised within my own thoughts as the reader.

Rage Against the Dying

Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman is my final read of the month. As it's overlapped into March I'll be including it in next month's round-up. So far I'm really enjoying it; it has a great main character/narrator and a prologue that hooked me right in. Full review will be up soon once I've finished the book.

You can check out my March To Read List to see what book's I plan on reading this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment