29 March 2014

March Round-Up

March has been a brilliant month for books and I have read a couple of fantastic ones throughout the weeks. My first read of the month was Rage Against The Dying by Becky Masterman, her debut novel which turned out to be a rather superb read. Masterman put her characters and her storyline together brilliantly and I found myself submersed in the pages. It was a fantastic read, with an unusual lead character, that I would highly recommend to lovers of the crime/thriller genre.

My next read of the month was Malicious by James Raven. Although it was a reasonably unique storyline I didn't enjoy this one as much; the story rolled on reasonably well but I couldn't connect with the characters at all. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

Rage Against the Dying Malicious Uprising (Vampire Federation, #1)

Uprising by Scott G Mariani was my first vampire novel of the month and my first read of this genre in a long while. For me, it took a little while to get going but once it did it pulled you right into the story. I found the vampires a bit cliche for me but, overall, it was a good read with decent characters that I would recommend to those who enjoy the supernatural genre.

The Prey by Andrew Fukuda was another stand-out read of the month for me. A fast-paced, entirely gripping and terrifying read following a small group of humans (hepers) on the run and being chased by vampires (duskers). Fukuda created an entirely unique race of vampires and the whole book had that 'end of the world' feel. It was brilliant and I would highly recommend reading it; it's the 2nd instalment of the series so it would be beneficial to read 'The Hunt' first but the book stands alone well.

The Prey (The Hunt, #2) The Book Thief

Currently, I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's a story I've heard a lot of positive things around but I'm finding it all a bit slow at the moment. I hope it picks up a bit as the chapters go on as it has the potential to be an intriguing and fascinating read.

1 comment:

  1. I want to read The book thief, will be looking out for your review ;)
    Well done so far on book 12, im currently on book 10!

    ReplyDelete